When your future
is at stake.®

Call Today for a Consultation

920-739-7366

800 North Lynndale Drive, Appleton, WI 54914-3017

Subscribe to this list via RSS Blog posts tagged in risks of electrocution

Appleton, WI defective product lawyersElectrocution might seem like an easy situation to avoid, but there are unseen and little known risks everywhere. They come in the form of defective consumer products, such as power tools, hair dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, and dishwashers. Even more concerning is the rate at which these products lead to serious and life-threatening injuries. If you are a consumer and own any electrical appliance, tool, or device know what your risks are, and how to proceed if an injury does occur.

Report Reveals Some Americans are at Higher Risk

While all consumers who use electrical products are at risk for electrocution from a defective product, a report from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reveals that some Americans are at higher risk than others. Their analysis, which examined the number of electrocution deaths caused by consumer products from 2007 through 2009, found that men were seven times more likely than women to suffer death after being electrocuted by a consumer product. Those between the ages of 40 and 59 were found to be at an especially high risk. In fact, 51 of the approximately 70 deaths per year were experienced by consumers within this age group.

...

Green Bay personal injury attorneys, risks of electrocutionSpring has arrived and summer is just around the corner. Cookouts, camping trips, days at the beach, and swimming pools will soon be a way of life. Most people will go home each night tired and maybe a little red from the sun. However, there will be others who suffer an injury, are hospitalized, or never make it home—hiding within all that fun, there are unseen risks. Electrocution risks in swimming pools are one of the first to be addressed after a Burlingame father's death.

Easter Weekend Becomes a Tragedy for One Family

According to NBC News, a father of three was hosting a pool party at his Palm Springs home when the water in his pool became electrically charged. The man noticed the children in the water were turning blue and he dove into the pool to try and save them. One of the children was his daughter. The father died at the hospital and his nine-year-old daughter is intensive care. Four other swimmers from the party were released and a 10-year-old boy remains in stable condition.

...
Back to Top