Herrling Clark Law Firm Ltd.
When Your Future is at Stake

Green Bay electrocution injury lawyersConsumers expect that the products they purchase will be safe to use, so long as they follow the warnings and instructions. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Instead, statistics say that some 48 people die of consumer product-related electrocution each year. Learn how you can obtain full and fair compensation if you or your loved one has been killed or injured by a consumer product, and discover how a seasoned, competent personal injury lawyer can assist you with the process. 

The Truth About Consumer Product Recalls

Ideally, products would not be released to the public until after they have undergone a rigorous safety inspection. Sadly, there are holes in the system, so numerous defective items are placed into the hands of consumers each year. Sometimes the defects are caught before an injury or death occurs, but usually, it is a tragedy that sparks a recall. From there, consumers must rely on news sources, online notifications, and product registries to inform them of the dangerous item. Sadly, this system does not always work either, so many people continue to use a product that is unsafe. Because of that continued use, their risk of a death or injury may increase, and if one does occur, their chances of a full and fair settlement may decrease. 

...

Green Bay personal injury attorneys, risks of electrocutionSpring has arrived and summer is just around the corner. Cookouts, camping trips, days at the beach, and swimming pools will soon be a way of life. Most people will go home each night tired and maybe a little red from the sun. However, there will be others who suffer an injury, are hospitalized, or never make it home—hiding within all that fun, there are unseen risks. Electrocution risks in swimming pools are one of the first to be addressed after a Burlingame father's death.

Easter Weekend Becomes a Tragedy for One Family

According to NBC News, a father of three was hosting a pool party at his Palm Springs home when the water in his pool became electrically charged. The man noticed the children in the water were turning blue and he dove into the pool to try and save them. One of the children was his daughter. The father died at the hospital and his nine-year-old daughter is intensive care. Four other swimmers from the party were released and a 10-year-old boy remains in stable condition.

...

Posted on in Electrocution

Green Bay electrocution lawyer, electrocutions in your homeElectrocutions are relatively common for construction or utility workers, electricians, or on other types of job sites. However, many people may not appreciate the risk of electrocution in their own homes.

Home electrocutions can occur for many different reasons, including faulty wiring, defective appliances or power tools, and faulty outlets. Moreover, electrocutions can cause serious injuries to you or your family members. The following steps can be taken to prevent electrocutions in your home:

  • Notice changes in your appliances — If any electric appliance suddenly gives you a shock, sparks, or blows a fuse or circuit breaker, do not simply ignore the problem. The appliance may be malfunctioning. Instead, keep it unplugged and call for a professional inspection;
  • Check cords — Cords on lamps, appliances, and other electronic devices should be safe for regular household use. If you notice a cord beginning to wear, bend, or fray, you should stop using that product. Defective cords can cause both electrocutions and electrical fires;
  • Use trusted professionals — If you need any type of electrical work done, it is always important to seek help from a trusted professional instead of trying to cheaply complete the job. Individuals who are not properly trained, or are not licensed electricians, can cause serious dangers if wiring mistakes are made;
  • Keep electronics away from water — While everyone should know not to use electric appliances or products by a sink or bathtub, even a little moisture can cause an appliance to malfunction and electrocute the user;
  • Do not overload outlets — There are several products on the market like cube taps that allow you to stretch the use of one outlet. While these products may claim they are safe for household use, overloading an outlet in this manner can cause an overloaded circuit, overheated wiring, and can often lead to electrocution or fire; and
  • Take care when decorating for the holidays — Both indoor and outdoor holiday lights present the risk of electrocution, especially if you have several strands of lights going into a single outlet. Make sure you are not overloading the maximum power of the outlet and that lights are not near any water or flammable materials.

Contact a Qualified Green Bay Burn Injury and Electrocution Attorney

...
Appleton Office
800 North Lynndale Drive
Appleton, WI
54914-3017
(920) 739-7366
map
Green Bay Office
2740 South Oneida Street
Green Bay, WI
54304-5751
(920) 468-7366
map
New London Office
105 East Waupaca Street
New London, WI
54961-1227
(920) 982-9652
map
Oshkosh Office
510 North Koeller Street
Oshkosh, WI
54902
(920) 385-0616
map
  • Wisconsin Association for Justice
  • State Bar of Wisconsin
  • American Bar Association
  • American Association for Justice
Herrling Clark Law Firm Ltd. is located in Appleton, Wisconsin, and serves clients in Fox Valley, Outagamie County, Brown County, Door County, Kewaunee County, Manitowoc County, Sheboygan County, Fond du Lac County, Calumet County, Winnebago County, including Appleton, New London, Clintonville, Neenah, Oshkosh, DePere, Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Kewaunee, Sturgeon Bay, Marinette, Neenah, Chilton, Menasha, Shawano, Waupaca, Wausau, and Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Back to Top