Kevin has a reputation for handling complex litigation matters for clients with catastrophic injuries and for clients who have lost loved ones. Although most cases settle, he has a reputation for trying cases and has had a high percentage of cases where jury verdicts far exceeded the offers of the insurance company. He has handled many million or multi-million dollar cases. He has been named the top personal injury and products liability lawyer in the Fox Cities, and one of the top trial lawyers nationally. He has also been named a "Super Lawyer" each and every year possible by a prominent statewide magazine, placing him in the top 5% of all attorneys in Wisconsin for each such year. A board certified civil trial specialist, Kevin has also received the highest possible national ratings for legal ability and ethics by an international service. He has been a regular guest as a personal injury expert on the WHBY radio program. He has also been interviewed on Wisconsin Public Radio.
Kevin was elected and served as president of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers (now known as the Wisconsin Association for Justice), the most prominent organization of personal injury lawyers in the state, after having served as secretary, treasurer, and vice president. He was elected and served as president of the Outagamie County Bar Association. He was twice elected in statewide elections to the board of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin, and he just finished a term as chairperson of that prestigious board. He has been a part-time Court Commissioner for Outagamie County for over 15 years. He has authored numerous articles and been a frequent lecturer at seminars designed to educate lawyers about the handling of personal injury cases. For more than a decade he was the host of a TV show called "You and the Law", where he interviewed prominent guests and moderated debates, including several debates involving candidates for the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Kevin has been very active in community-related activities, including radio and TV shows, past board membership for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Casa Clare Halfway House, and the Aces/Xavier Foundation. He is also actively involved in his church. He has been particularly proud of the eleven years that he has spent working with high school students as the Attorney Coach for the Xavier High School Mock Trial Program. For the past seven years, the Xavier Mock Trial Team has placed in the top five of the state, and they won the state championship in 2009 and 2011 competing at the national competitions in Atlanta and Phoenix.
- Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Product Liability
- Complex Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Litigation Percentage:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Civil Trial, National Board Of Trial Advocacy
- Bar Admissions:
- Wisconsin, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin,
- United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado,
- Honors and Awards:
- Named the Best Personal Injury And Product Liability Lawyer in the Fox Cities by Fox Cities Magazine, based upon a survey of lawyers rating other lawyers.
- "SuperLawyer", Statewide Magazine, rated In The top 5% of all lawyers In Wisconsin
- Named in the top (less than one-half of one percent) of American lawyers by Litigation Counsel of America
- "Very High" In Ethical Standards By Martindale Hubbell
- Recipient The Highest Possible Rating Of "Preeminent"
- Rated by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the top 100 trial lawyers
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Wisconsin Academy Of Trial Lawyers (now known as Wisconsin Association for Justice)
- Past President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, and Long-Time Board Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin Litigation Section
- Past Chairman, after serving as Sec. & Treas. of Board of Directors
- Outagamie County Bar Association
- Past President And Long-Time Member
- Outagamie County, 1994-Present, 1994 - Present
- Part-Time Court Commissioner
- American Association for Justice (previously known as American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society compsed of less than one half of one percent of American lawyers.
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers