Charles D. Koehler
Attorney Chuck Koehler has been a shareholder with the Herrling Clark Law Firm for over 25 years. His practice is concentrated in areas of business and personal financial matters, business transactions and real estate, municipal law, and related disputes, and litigation in these areas of law. Specific subjects in these areas of practice include real estate, employment, creditors' rights, municipal matters, banking, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporate law, purchase and sale of businesses, bankruptcy, and estate and business transition planning and strategies.
Transactional matters within Charles' experience include areas such as forming corporations, negotiating and drafting business contracts, employment agreements, partnership agreements, stock agreements, eminent domain, leases, restrictive covenants, non-competition agreements, condominium declarations, bank loan documentation, security agreements, wills and trusts, real estate purchase contracts, agreements for the sale, purchase, and merger of businesses, tax deferred exchange documents, real estate easements, covenants, articles, and bylaws.
Charles has been certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy based upon testing, as well as actual litigation and jury trial experience. Charles' trial experience includes a wide range of disputes, including administrative hearings, mediations, arbitrations, and lawsuits in State and Federal courts.
Charles was rated by an international service as having "very high to preeminent" legal ability and "very high" ethical standards as established by confidential opinions of members of the Bar in Northeast Wisconsin. He also was rated as one of the "Best of the Bar" in a survey of lawyers conducted by Fox Cities Magazine.
Charles joined the firm in 1978.
- Areas of Practice:
- 20% Business Litigation
- 20% Business Transactions
- 20% Employment / Real Estate
- 20% Municipal / Banking / Bankruptcy
- 20% Personal / Estate Planning
- Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1994
- Bar Admissions:
- Wisconsin, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1981
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin,
Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, La Crosse, Wisconsin,
- Honors and Awards:
- Twice Selected "Best of the Bar"
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating for competency and ethics)
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1978 - Present
- Outagamie County Bar Association
- Birth Information:
- December 7, 1949, Waupaca, Wisconsin, United States of America